Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The adventure of Formatting

I never knew how challenging it was going to be to format my novels for ebooks, especially since I had never written them with the intention of having them published that way. I am one week into the process and I am almost finished with my first book of my trilogy. I had heard other indie authors complain about the process but nothing really prepared me for the actual endeavor. I'm a pretty efficient editor and can run through a manuscript quite fast, however this is one of the most time consuming things I have done. All I know is that I will definitely be writing in the exposed format in the future and changing how I do things for future projects.

5 comments:

  1. Formatting can be a real pain. I'm in the midst of some of the same thing. But hey, it beats working underneath airplanes in the winter...which I've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Twitter follow, and good luck with the blog, and your books.
    Best wishes from England, Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you direct me to the link for the formatting directions? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete